At Bestar, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients. Whatever your aspirations, Bestar offers you a highly dynamic, exciting, inclusive, collaborative environment and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to reach our shared goals.
We offer successful candidate an attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits.
So what are you waiting for? Join our winning team now.
Executive/Senior Associate, HR
The Human Resources team contributes to making Bestar a great place to work by implementing best-practice programmes to attract, recruit, develop, groom and retain the best and brightest talent. The team’s responsibilities include recruitment, manpower planning, performance and talent management, global mobility, compensation and benefits, staff welfare and development and staff communications.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our HR team to handle activities related to our employees’ career cycle and to deliver quality services to internal stakeholders.
This role, based in Singapore, offers an excellent opportunity for the candidate to work with and support the Singapore & Asia Offices.
You’ll contribute to our performance management and training initiatives. You’ll be instrumental in supporting and developing our people. You’ll will execute HR initiatives and address HR issues with the objective of cultivating a high performing culture. You’ll handle issues on operation management, employee relations and emergency responding.
As for payroll, you will be responsible for producing timely, accurate and high quality payroll compliant output in accordance with the prevailing local statutory regulations and compensation details.
In your role as a Senior Human Resources Associate, you’ll:
- Support the recruitment in full spectrum of HR ops function from onboarding to off-boarding
- Ensure the effective and efficient running of operations and processes related to admissions, onboarding, development, and exit
- Lead the organization in onboarding program for new hires
- Prepare offer letter and ensure offer processes are met
- Check on signed offer letter of acceptance and prepare onboarding processes
- Liaise with relevant departments to prepare for onboarding processes
- Implement the HR initiatives relating to talent acquisition, employee engagement, talent management, career development and performance management
- Manage the annual performance and compensation & benefits review process
- Support HR operational activities for the business which include establishing sound HR policies/ practices and managing employee life cycle activities
- Provide day-to-day HR guidance to line management (e.g. advice on policy, coaching, counselling, career development, etc.)
- Deliver reports on key HR metrics and providing relevant analysis/ recommendations
- Maintain and update the internal portal to cascade important information to the various audience groups
- Facilitate timely resolution to complex and urgent employee relation issues
- Perform monthly payroll in accordance to the statutory requirements
- Handle government paid leave claim submission
- Process local government claims such as reservist claims, maternity leave claims, childcare leave claims, etc.
- Verify employee claims and supporting documents for leave application, amendment and cancellation
- Perform monthly payroll reports including General Ledger report
- Involve in annual exercises such as staff planning/cost budget and performance management exercise which includes annual increment and variable bonus recommendations
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity in employee records in HR database related to onboarding and offboarding administration, transfers and employee data changes
- Ensure that all onboarding forms and documents for employees are collated and properly maintained in the digital personnel files
- Prepare new hires listing and overtime records for payroll purposes
- Assist in employee confirmation, contract renewal, re-employment, employment certification letters, conduct background checks, etc.
- Responsible for application, renewal and cancellation of work passes and related matters
- Manage medical insurance enrolment, termination and changes to entitlement
- Prepare monthly manpower reports, HR dashboards, regular statutory surveys, and ad hoc reports as requested by stakeholders from time to time
- Assist with any ad-hoc tasks assigned
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Human Resource Management
- At least 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in HR operations / HR generalist / payroll preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Good knowledge of human resources functions, payroll and the Employment Act and best practices
- Comfortable with handling huge volume detailed recruitment processes and HR projects
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality, with appreciation as to how to handle sensitive matters
- Meticulous and maintain high level of professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of urgency with great organizational skills to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, confidence and maturity with the ability to engage with all levels of staff of the organization, including top management
- Energetic, collaborative, and proactive
- Committed work ethics with positive work attitude
- Highly self-motivated, reliable and resilient
- Ability to propose constructive and creative ideas to address observed gaps
- Ability to adapt and thrive on challenges in a very fast-paced and high volume environment where quality and speed are of essence
- Demonstrate drive, resourcefulness, and initiative to work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong team player
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision