top of page
  • a22162

Employment Pass

Updated: Dec 18, 2021

The Employment Pass allows foreign professionals, managers and executives with a job offer to work in Singapore. Candidates need to earn at least $4,500 a month and have acceptable qualifications. Employers must also demonstrate that they have fairly considered all jobseekers.

Eligibility Criteria for Employment Pass

The Employment Pass is for foreign professionals who:

  • Have a job offer in Singapore.

  • Work in a managerial, executive or specialised job.

  • Earn a fixed monthly minimum salary of $4,500 (older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries).

  • Have acceptable qualifications, usually a good university degree, professional qualifications or specialised skills.

Application for an Employment Pass is open to all nationalities.

Young graduates from good institutions can qualify if they earn at least $4,500. Older, more experienced candidates need higher salaries to qualify.

The minimum qualifying salary for EP candidates in the financial services sector is $5,000. The qualifying salaries for older and more experienced candidates in their 40s will remain around double the minimum qualifying salary for the youngest applicants.

Acceptable qualifications

Qualifications from unaccredited institutions are not accepted.

Each application will be evaluated on its own merit, based on a wide range of factors such as the candidate’s salary, track records, work experience, skill sets and global and countries’ rankings of institutions.

Who can apply

To promote fair employment practices and improve labour market transparency, employers making Employment Pass applications must first advertise on MyCareersFuture and fairly consider all candidates. Find out more about the advertising requirements.

An employer or authorised third party has to apply for a candidate’s Employment Pass.

Passes for family of Employment Pass holders

As an Employment Pass holder, you can get certain family members to join you in Singapore if you meet the eligibility requirements.

To be eligible, you need to:

  • Earn at least $6,000 a month.

  • Hold an Employment Pass.

These are the family members you can bring in and the type of pass they need:

Family member Pass type

Legally married spouse - Dependant’s Pass

Unmarried children under 21, including those legally adopted - Dependant’s Pass

Common-law spouse - Long Term Visit Pass

Unmarried handicapped children above 21 - Long Term Visit Pass

Unmarried step-children under 21 - Long Term Visit Pass

Parents (Only for EP holders earning at least $12,000) Long Term Visit Pass

To apply, your employer will need to submit a separate application for each family member. The application can be submitted together with the Employment Pass application or separately.

Find out more about the requirements and application process for Dependant’s Pass and Long Term Visit Pass.

Documents required for Employment Pass

You need these documents when submitting an Employment Pass application:

  • Personal particulars page of candidate’s passport. If the candidate’s name on the passport differs from that on their other documents, you also need an explanation letter and supporting documents (e.g. deed poll).

  • Company’s latest business profile or instant information registered with ACRA.

  • Candidate’s educational certificates (e.g. degree certificate). You need to upload additional documents for:

Diploma and above qualifications from India, transcripts or marksheets for all semesters stating the college attended

Diploma and above qualifications from China, verification proof from one of these sources:

  • Diploma: Online Verification Report of Higher Education Qualification Certificate from China Higher Education Student Information and Career Center (CHSI)

  • Diploma and above: Global verification agencies

  • Degree and above: China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC)

Institutions not found in the application form’s list

Verification proof from a global verification agency

For non-English documents, you must upload the original document together with an English translation. The translation can be done by a translation service provider.

Educational certificates certified by a notary public are not accepted as a form of verification proof.

If you would like to know more, please contact Bestar.

121 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page