top of page
  • a22162

Food Import Licence

Updated: Aug 9, 2020

Licensing & Registration of Traders

All traders who wish to import, export or transship commercial shipments of food products are required by law to either apply for a relevant trader’s licence or register with SFA. Only companies registered with ACRA can do so.

A licence / registration is required when you are:

· importing, exporting or transshipping meat and fish products; or

· importing or transshipping fresh fruits and vegetables;

· importing fresh table eggs; or

· importing processed food and food appliances (e.g. food ware).

All commercial food imports that enter Singapore must come from accredited food establishments in approved countries.

General Requirements for Traders

Traders who are applying for licences and registration with SFA must meet these requirements.

1. Register a company with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)

Your must register a trading company or business with ACRA before conducting business in Singapore.

ACRA issues a Unique Entity Number (UEN) to all Singapore-registered companies.

2. Activation of Customs Account

Companies must register and activate their UEN with Singapore Customs if they intend to import, transship and export food products.

3. Open and maintain a GIRO account

In addition, you must open and maintain a GIRO account with SFA for the payment of fees and permits. Food traders also need to maintain a GIRO account with SFA for the payment of licence renewal fees and permit fees.

Licence / Registration Fees

Meat and Fish Products - S$84 per annum

Fresh Fruits and Vegetables - S$378 per annum

Licence to Import Fresh Eggs – Free

Processed Food Products (Processed eggs, Processed food) and Food Appliances – Free

1 – 5 working days to process.

If you would like to know more, please contact Bestar.

69 views0 comments
bottom of page